You are not obligated to provide your information to use, however if you do not provide us with required information or if information provided is inaccurate or irrelevant we may not be able to engage with you or may be limited in our ability to engage with you and provide access to our full range of services.
What personal information we collect and why we collect it
We collect personal information (information or opinion about an identifiable individual) including:
- Contact and identification information i.e. your name, email address, telephone number, email and your organisation’s name and location;
- Gender and date of birth;
- Other relevant information
Generally ECLEVA collects your personal information when you:
- Visit the Ecleva website (including any application managed by us);
- Interact with our advertisements;
- Register your interest in our site or our email-alert services;
- Interact or follow our social media pages/profiles;
- Participate in a survey or other market research activities;
- Request information from us or submit any feedback/query;
- Submit an expression of interest;
- Otherwise provide us with personal information in person or via telephone, email, fax, post or by other means.
In most cases personal information will be collected directly from you because:
- you have provided it to us – for example, if you contact us to ask us questions or make comments or participate in a community forum;
- you have provided information on a publicly maintained record, including social media;
- we need it to provide a product or service that you have requested – for example, if you receive support services from us;
- you register to attend a Ecleva event;
- you apply for a job with us;
- you work for us; or
- for purposes directly related to the above.
Information is only collected from sources other than you if the information is already publicly available and/or any third party sources are authorized to provide us with your information in circumstances where it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect personal information from you.
In some instances, you will be asked to confirm that you agree to a particular activity such as expressly agreeing that you would like to receive our newsletter or other marketing communications. You can always opt out of receiving emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or by writing to email@example.com.
Sensitive information is information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political organization, religious beliefs/affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional/trade association or trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record, health or genetic information.
It is not our general practice to collect sensitive information unless you have consented or collection is required under law for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable claim.
Each time you visit our website the server will passively collect information using cookies, tags, web beacons and navigational data collection methods i.e. log files, server logs, clickstream etc.
This passive information is collected for statistical and marketing purposes, and to help us improve our services. This information can include the type of browser and system you are using, whether you have interacted with any advertisements or links, the address of the website you have come from and move to after your visit, the date and time of your visit and your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
You may set your browser to accept or reject cookies or notify you whenever cookies are offered so you may decide whether to accept them. Please refer to your browser’s ‘Help’ function or visit www.aboutcookies.org for detailed information about how to do this on a wide variety of browsers.
Should you reject all cookies, your ability to use the website may be limited as certain features may not function correctly.
Disclosure of information
We may share your personal information within the wider Ecleva group of companies (the “ECLEVA Corporate”).
Otherwise, we do not share personal information with other companies, organisations and individuals unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- with your consent – we will share your personal information when we have your consent to do so; or
- for legal reasons.
Generally we will collect, use and hold your information if it is reasonably necessary for or directly related to the performance of our functions and for the purposes of:
– utilizing email alert services;
– Monitoring, auditing and evaluating our products and services;
– providing you with marketing and network information about other services that we, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with, offer that may be of interest to you;
– facilitating our internal business operations (including the management and improvement of services, analyzing future client needs, modelling data, maintaining our relationship with you, data testing and security);
– complying with any legal or regulatory requirements;
– dealing with any complaints and/or queries;
– identifying users to prepare customized web pages; and
– any other purposes for which consent has been provided.
Information you provide is considered a company asset and may be included among transferred assets if we merge, combine or divest part of our organization unless prohibited by law from doing so.
We will only disclose your information for the purposes listed, if we have obtained your consent or otherwise as set out in this Policy. This disclosure is done on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with law. If we engage a third party contractor to perform services which involves the handling of your information, the contractor will be subject to the same privacy obligations as we are to protect your information.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information in order to inform you of products and services which may be of interest to you. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting us via the contact details set out below or through any opt-out mechanism contained in the marketing materials provided to you.
Information is stored and held electronically and/or in hard copy. We will take reasonable steps to store and hold information in a secure and restricted manner and to protect information from misuse, loss and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Access to your information is limited to those individuals who require such access in order to perform their duties and responsibilities.
We cannot guarantee that data transmission will be 100% secure or safe from attack from unauthorized intruders and no data protection or security measure is completely secure, particularly in relation to online transmissions. You must take care to ensure you protect your information and you must notify us as soon as possible after you become aware of any security breaches.
Where your information is not stored electronically it will be stored in our secure office premises with restricted access, or within an offsite secure storage facility. If we no longer require the use of your information we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify it.
Accessing your information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we collect is accurate, up to date and complete.
You have a right to access and can request us to correct or provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request at any time that we delete your information. Any such requests should be made by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or your Account Manager or Business Development Manager.
If particular circumstances apply, we are permitted by the Privacy Act to deny your request for access or limit the access we provide. We will let you know why your request is denied or limited.
Protecting your information
We are committed to keeping secure the personal information you provide to us. We take all reasonable precautions to protect the personal information we hold about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Our web site may contain links to third party web sites. Whilst such links are provided for your convenience, you should be aware that the information handling practices of the linked web sites might not be the same as ours. We do not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security practices of any other websites that you may be able to access through our website.
Who to contact
Our privacy officer will respond to your query or concern and determine the steps to be taken to resolve the concern. We will contact you if additional information is required from you and will notify you in writing (which includes electronic communication via email or fax) of the relevant outcome.